2nd annual jan watson memorial fundraiser
July 13, 2019
May 13, 2019
The Pender Harbour Golf Club is proud to be hosting the Second Annual Jan Watson Memorial Golf Tournament Fundraiser on July 13th, 2019. Because of the huge success of last year’s fundraiser, the format for the day will stay the same which includes a fun 18 Hole Modified Texas Scramble with on course competitions such as: Longest Drives, Putting, Chipping, Sand Trap, Closest-To-The-Line and Closest-To-The-Pin Contests. The day will wrap up at the Clubhouse Restaurant for a BBQ steak dinner, auction, door prizes, award presentations and of course…more fun!
This fundraiser was established last year in memory of Jan Watson who passed away in 2017. Jan was a founding member of the Pender Harbour Golf Club and through her hard work, dedication, community spirit and love-of-the-game, helped to make the golf course and Pender Harbour a destination spot for everyone whether they were local or from out of town. Being an avid golfer, Jan acquired many trophy’s and awards over the years but her focus was always on promoting the community, the game and helping out with whatever needed to be done.
Jan’s friends, family, golf members and community came out last year to support the tournament which turned out to be a great success financially and also gave everyone an opportunity to come together and celebrate Jan. Funds raised through last year’s tournament assisted with much needed improvements at the golf course and we would like to continue this funding through this annual event. We are excited to have the opportunity to host this tournament again and hope that you will join us. Some of the ways that you can be a part of this event includes:
1. Register for the tournament - forms available at the Golf Club or download online (at right)
2. Hole Sponsorship – Your contribution includes tee box signage, individual or company name in tournament program and individual or company name posted on the Pender Harbour Golf Club website. A tax receipt will also be issued
3. Auction or prize items – Gift Certificates/products (only new please)/services
4. Items to be distributed on the course such as bottled water, juice, fruit, snacks
5. Volunteer – You don’t golf but want to be part of the day? Come out and give us a hand!
Donations can be mailed, dropped off at the Pender Harbour Golf Club or arrangements can be made to pick up donations. If you have any questions please contact Roberta at 604-202-4309 or the Pender Harbour Golf Club at 604-883-9541.
We thank you for your consideration.
Jamie Tufford, President
Pender Harbour Golf Club
(more photos below)
2018 Photo Gallery
July 14, 2018
July 14, 2018